COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Monday, February 3, 2014

A zoom in series of the Sharpless 132



Now and then I have published some zoom in series of various objects imaged by me.
The purpose is to show the apparent scale in the sky. Beside that, this series shows nicely the fractal nature of our universe.  Series are possible to make, since I have shot many objects with various focal lengths.
Like this one is shot with 200mm, 300mm and ~2000mm  focal lengths. Images are from my large mosaic image of the constellation Cepheus.

The Sharpless 132 (Sh2-132), a study about the scale in the sky
Note. A circle, size of the Moon, in the images as a scale. (An apparent scale of the Moon is 0,5 degrees, or 30  arc minutes.)

All images are in Mapped colors from the emission of ionized elements,
R=Sulfur, G=Hydrogen and B=Oxygen.


Orientation in constellation Cepheus

An orientation in constellation Cepheus. The mosaic image covers an area of ~18x10 dgrees.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another mаgոificent ρost. Where еlse may anyone get that type
of infotmɑtіon in such aan ideal approach of writing?
I have a presetation next week, and I'm at the ѕearch for such
information.

my page :: orquesta guayacan ()