COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Monday, September 26, 2011

R.I.P Dell laptop at age of ten years...




This was a third time I tried to have my first light for the Autumn season 2011. This time my ten years old Dell laptop, used to run the observatory, died.
I have ordered a new tabletop computer with some extra com ports. There are no 9 pin communication ports in modern computers and many astro gears need one, like active optics unit, TCF-s focuser and Meade telescope control.  I bet, the weather will clear up now, since I can't shoot...

Some redone images

I have turned some of my images to a panoramic format for one customer. 
They turned to be kind of nice, so I'll publish some of them here.
(They looked wonderful as a large print on canvas)

More panoramic images in my portfolio:
http://astroanarchy.zenfolio.com/p1055055963

M8, the "Lagoon Nebula"
in constellation Sagittarius

Image is in HST-palette, (HST=Hubble Space Telescope)
from the emission of ionized elements, R=Sulfur, G=Hydrogen and B=Oxygen.

Original image and technical details:



NGC7000, the "North America Nebula", a closeup
in constellation Cygnus 


Image is in HST-palette, (HST=Hubble Space Telescope)
from the emission of ionized elements, R=Sulfur, G=Hydrogen and B=Oxygen.

Original image and technical details:


M104, the "Sombrero Galaxy"
in constellation Virgo

A broad band image in natural RGB-colors


Original image and technical details:



Sharpless 162, NGC 7635, the "Bubble Nebula"

Ra 23h 20m 48s Dec +61° 12′ 06″


Image is in HST-palette, (HST=Hubble Space Telescope) from the emission of ionized elements, R=Sulfur, G=Hydrogen & B=Oxygen.



Natural color composition from the emission of ionized elements, R=80%Hydrogen+20%Sulfur, G=100%Oxygen and B=85%Oxygen+15%Hydrogen to compensate otherwise missing H-beta emission.








2 comments:

Bill Lee said...

There are many 9-pin D-style serial to USB converters available.

J-P Metsavainio said...

Thanks Bill,

I have ordered two dual port PCI-card type extensions for serial ports. I have had some compatibly problems with USB converters, specially with SXV-AO, active optics unit.