COPYRIGHT, PLEASE NOTE

All the material on this website is copyrighted to J-P Metsavainio, if not otherwise stated. Any content on this website may not be reproduced without the author’s permission.

Have a visit in my portfolio

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sh2-240 (Simeis 147)

this is a start of the long project.
my goal is to capture enough photons from this dim object to
be able to reveal its beauty.
This is a supernova remant in Taurus & Auriga.
The angular diameter of the object is huge, about 200'x180'!
Thats about 8 full Moon diameters. Doe the large size
the surfage brightness is very low, I think, I'll need least
20 hours of exposures to capture this well.
Last night I had problems with frost and I was not able to see
it before image processing. All the frames are practically useless.
You can see big bloated stars, even in small image.
How ever, I put small image here just for example.
There is both normal H-alpha image and inverted one.
exposures ( with frost in optics)
4 x 2700 s
3 x 900 s
FD 200mm f2.8 lens, QHY8, guiding QHY5 and LX200 GPS 12"
(This large object and the 200mm lens are very good match.)

No comments: